If you’ve ever wondered where you and your team’s work fits into the larger picture at your company, you’re in the right place.
Benefits realization management (BRM) is a project management methodology that measures how projects and programs add value to the company and contribute to high-level business objectives. BRM maximizes the ROI from change, and according to Project Management Institute, it is the third largest driver of project success. Expected benefits are the main drivers beyond projects, Programs, and portfolios for any organization.
Today, we will talk about the importance of Test Automation which can be considered one of the methodologies of BRM to ensure the delivery of high-quality software to its customers. Manual testing is time consuming, tedious and requires heavy investment in human resources. Time constraints often make it impossible to manually test every feature thoroughly before software application is released. This leaves you wondering whether serious defects have been detected or not. Test Automation brings benefits in delivering the working software to its customers. You can create tests that check all aspects of the software applications and then execute these test cases every time when any changes are made in to the software application. Here are some of the benefits of automated testing that helps in reducing the gaps if poor quality software is developed:
- Fast: Runs tests significantly faster than human users.
- Repeatable: Testers can test how the website or software reacts after repeated execution of the same operation.
- Reusable: Tests can be re-used on different versions of the software.
- Reliable: Tests perform precisely the same operation each time they are run thereby eliminating human error.
- Comprehensive: Testers can build test suites of tests that covers every feature in software application.