If you want to mirror your tests running on smartphones (iOS and Android) over your Mac machine / TV, then it’s pretty easy from Mac.
Please make sure that you Android / iOS phone is connected to your mac thorugh USB cable.
For iOS users
- Launch Quick Time Player in your Mac.
- Select New Movie Recording under File Menu (⌘+⌥ + N)
- In the popup window, select the down arrow near record button.
- Select iPhone from the List. That’s all.
- You are mirroring the iPhone screen on your Mac which can be connected to the Hanging TV/Monitor on the Wall.
Alternatively, Visor can also be used to connect your iPhone with a MAC machine and the iPhone can be controlled anywhere while connecting the machine through ‘Any Desk’.
For Android users
Android mirroring is dependent on a 3rd party tool. You can use Vysor. All you. Need to do is to install this tool on your mac machine and do the following configurations after installing:
- USB debugging should be enabled on your android device
- Connect your android smartphone to your Mac. When you connect for the first time, the mobile OS will ask for a USB debugging permission. Simply accept it.
- Vysor will install an APK on your device to sync.
- After few seconds you can see your mobile screen on your Mac through the Vysor window.
- The next time you connect your phone, Vysor will auto detect your phone and come with a mirror screen.
Using above described method, you can mirror your running tests of Android and iOS phones over your Mac/TV screen.